SLA BEACH, BOATING, AND FISHING REGULATIONS
In order to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the Sturbridge Lakes swimming facilities, the following rules will be enforced by the lifeguards and management.† Any conduct by residents and their guests while using beaches and lakes for swimming, fishing, or boating that violates any of the following rules is subject to disciplinary action as follows:
†††† 1st Offense:† Violator will be asked to leave††
†††† the common area to ďsit outĒ for ten (10)
†††† minutes.† If the offense is a swimming
†††† violation, that ďtime outĒ must occur near the
†††† lifeguardís stand without interference from
†††† other patrons.
†††† 2nd Offense:† Violator will be asked to leave
†††† the area for the remainder of that day.† The
†††† violator will not be allowed to use any other
†††† common area during this time.
†††† 3rd Offense:† Violator will be suspended from
†††† all use of common areas for a period of one
†††† Continued disregard for the rules and
†† ††regulations may result in suspension of the
†††† violatorís rights for the season.
All decisions may be appealed with the Sturbridge Lakes Association Board of Trustees.† All appeals must be in writing and will be heard at the first available Trusteeís meeting.
COMMON GROUNDS HOURS:
The common grounds are open for residents use between DAWN AND DUSK.† Please restrict your use of the facilities to between these hours.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
Children 12 or under must be
supervised by a parent or adult at all times. Children 13 and over may come to the beach unaccompanied.†
A parent must give written permission to a beach manager for a
baby-sitter between the ages of 14 and 18 to be responsible for the child 12
years old or younger.
Children aged 16 or 17 may bring one guest.
2. EVERYONE is required to WEAR their beach tag on their person while using any of the common areas, including the beaches and lakes.† Tags will be checked at the beaches at all times and at the other common areas.† If a tag is not visible, the person will be asked to leave the areas.† If the offender does not leave, the appropriate legal action will be taken to remove that person from the common area and future use may be suspended.† EVERY PERSON USING A COMMON AREA MUST DISPLAY A TAG, EVEN GUESTS.
3. No disorderly conduct, profanity, unsafe practices, or horseplay is permitted.
4. No automobiles, all-terrain vehicles, mopeds, bikes, motorcycles, or go-carts are permitted on the beaches at any time.
5. No animals are permitted on the beaches at any time.
6. NO SWIMMING WITHOUT LIFEGUARD ON DUTY.† It is your responsibility to determine if the lifeguards are on duty.† The beaches will be open and guarded daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day from 11:00a.m. to 7:00p.m.† Exceptions:† Inclement weather and lake treatment.† Lake treatment will be posted on the bulletin boards and at each beach house.† If you have a question about whether the lake is open for swimming, please call the management office at (609) 783-3783.
7. Charcoal fires permitted in grilles only.† All fires must be extinguished at least 15 minutes prior to leaving.
8. All picnic areas must be cleaned up and trash disposed of before leaving.
9. No glass bottles or glass containers of any kind are permitted.† This includes the swimming areas as well the beaches, dams, tennis courts, and playgrounds.
10. NO ALHOHOLIC BEVERAGES OF ANY KIND ARE PERMITTED ON ANY OF THE COMMON AREAS.
11. Ball playing on the beaches and in the water will be at the discretion of the lifeguards, dependent on the number of patrons present.
12. No rock, sand, shell, or seaweed throwing.†
13. Do not tug, hang on to, or go beyond the lifelines (the ropes are used to mark the swimming areas).
14. No swimming outside of the lifelines.
15. No chicken fights or diving from another personís shoulders.
16. No boats or canoes in swimming area.† Follow safe boating practices while using boats or other watercraft on any of the lakes.† No capsizing, diving, or jumping from the sides of the boats, since the lakes are shallow and that could cause injury.† Wear a Coast Guard approved flotation device at all times.† Do not dock your boat on other residentsí properties.† Boats are not allowed to be docked over night on any of the common areas.
17. All children under the age of 14 must pass a swim test (to be determined by the lifeguards) in order to go into the deep water and to the dock.† Ankle bands will be given to everyone who passes the test.† Lost ankle bands can be replaced at the cost of $1.00.† Any child who has not passed the swim test will only be permitted to go to the dock with a parent/guardian if they wear a floatation device.
18. Small children with flotation devices (swimmies, rafts, rings, etc.) must be accompanied by an adult, and the adult must be within armís reach of the child at all times that the child is in the water.
19. EVERYONE MUST LEAVE THE WATER IMMEDIATELY WHEN THE LIFEGUARD SIGNALS THAT THUNDER, LIGHTNING, OR OTHER ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE PRESENT.† THIS IS FOR YOUR SAFETY. PLEASE RESPOND IMMEDIATELY.
20. EVERYONE MUST LEAVE THE WATER IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY.
21. No ball playing, running, pushing, shoving, or putting mud on the dock.
22. Diving will be restricted to certain areas of the docks.† Please obey the signs on the docks.† No swimming behind or under the dock. No diving to the side or back of the dock.
23. Use only the ladders to climb up on the docks.† One person at a time on the ladder.
24. In order to use one of the Associationís boats, a person must be at least 16 years of age or older.† Lifeguards will have waivers to be signed by the person, or parent, if a minor, before using the boat.† Flotation devices must be worn by everyone.† The lifeguards have U.S. Coast Guard approved flotation devices available.† A memberís tag will be held by the lifeguard while using the boat.† The boat must be returned within the allotted time.† A waiting list is provided.
25. All fishing on Sturbridge Lakes Association property is subject to NJ Fishing Laws and licenses are necessary.† Any person fishing must also have the appropriate Sturbridge Lakes beach tag visible.† Any person fishing without the tag visible will be considered to be trespassing and appropriate action will be taken.
Please do not remove the fish from the lakes.† Please be careful when removing hooks.† Instruct your children on the proper handling of the fish.
26. All children under the age of 3 must be supervised at all times while in the water.† A parent or guardian must be within armís reach of the child at all times.
27. No one is permitted to bring anything other than swimming equipment into the lake.† Nor are they permitted to remove anything from the bottom of the lake, without the permission of the lifeguard.
THE LIFEGUARDS AND MANAGEMENT HAVE THE FINAL WORD WHEN IT COMES TO ENFORCING THE RULES AND REGULATIONS.† PLEASE HELP MAKE THEIR JOBS EASIER AND FOLLOW THE RULES.
DEPENDING ON THE OFFENSE, THE STURBRIDGE LAKES ASSOCIATION BOARD OF TRUSTEES AND MANAGEMENT WILL PROCEED WITH LEGAL ACTION AND COMPLAINTS WILL BE FILED.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION.† HAVE A SAFE AND FUN-FILLED SUMMER!